Are you doing what you can to take care of yourself? Sometimes we get stuck in the day to day obligations and forget that we need to make ourselves the prioroty. Here are some quick ways to incorporate self-care into your daily life!
- Make sure all of your basic needs are met: food, water, exercise, sleep. Please make sure you're getting enough of each and not an excess of any. You can't relax when you're hungry, tired, thirsty, wired, etc.
- Make time to relax throughout your day... Do you take a lunch at work? Can you meditate during your break? Do you start your day off by answering emails in bed? You have to make time for yourself to relax, schedule it into your day if you have to!
- Connect with people - we as humans are meant to interact with each other and build relationships. Do you isolate all day? Have you called a friend or met up with an old coworker lately? It's all about connection.
- On the other side of connecting - what about disconnecting? What happened to the days before smart phones? Unplug from screens for a little bit each day and notice how much free time you have and imagine all of the relaxation activities you could do... Embrace the quiet. Go outside. Just be for 1 minute.
- Allow yourself to relax. I think we get so caught up in the monotony of the day that we forget to make time for ourselves to just relax and unwind. You have permission to relax!!!